Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Introduction to SheMentor

Allow me to introduce myself – my name is Phyllis R. Neill, and I am the CEO of SheMentor, a communications portal created to support awareness of the issues faced by today's professional female business executives, and to provide advice in general to executive women on navigating tricky corporate landscapes. After 20 years of success in executive management, I decided to try my hand at professionally dispensing advice through articles I’ve written on my website. And although I’m not nearly profitable enough to “quit my day job”, running SheMentor has been the most fun and rewarding experience of my career!


Now – I’m not a complete technological ignoramus, but the idea of creating and maintaining my own website was rather daunting in the beginning. I ended up utilizing a company named Doodlekit, who essentially offers a website “in a can”, allowing lots of customization and personalization, all without having to know HTML. They are VERY affordable; in fact, you can get started with them for free to see how you like it. Doodlekit allowed me to get up and running in a really short period of time, and allowed me to really focus on growing my own business, not spending hours maintaining a web site.


Building the content for my site on an ongoing basis requires quite a bit of discipline and planning. Since I do still work a full-time job, I have to be very disciplined about setting a schedule for when I will write, when I will contribute articles, when I will respond to e-mail inquiries, etc. – or else the work “piles up” on you. The primary way I market my business is through social networking – I belong to several women’s business communities, and the process of being active and participating with comments and advice drives a lot of my target market directly to my site. Two of my favorite women’s business sites are WomenCo, and WomenEntrepreneuer.


I hope you’ll join me on SheMentor – I am constantly looking for advice and direction from other business women on the types of articles they’d like to read about, and other concrete forms, pieces of advice, or templates I could provide that would be beneficial to you in your careers. I plan to blog on this site from time to time, so I am looking forward to creating an “e-relationship” with each of you guys! For now – thanks for reading, because as one of my web site taglines says - I have a lot to say!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Phyllis R. Neill is the architect of the widely publicized and fast-growing website http://www.shementor.com, a communications portal created to support awareness of the issues faced by today's professional female business executives, and to provide advice in general to executive women on navigating tricky corporate landscapes. Her 20+ years in executive management have taught her a thing or two about how to manage businesses - and how to treat people.

Throughout her distinguished career, Phyllis has served in leadership positions for a variety of different business sectors, including computer software, healthcare IT, advertising, and media ratings, just to name a few. She has served as the Chief Operating Officer of a new passive media research technology firm. She has served as Vice President, General Manager for a media research computer software company, working successfully through such issues as company-wide reorganizations, acquisitions, and the launching of several new product lines. Phyllis is the published author of a wide variety of articles on business, employment, and leadership.

1 comment:

Haralee said...

enpdoqbI am excited to see your site grow.
I write on menopause and the work place and breast cancer.
I sell online sleepwear for women experiencing night sweats.
Check out my site at www.haralee.com and my blog
www.haraleeblog.com